Abandoned by his parents when he grew wings at the age of twelve, mutant Adam Lawson learned early on how to carve his own path. Wandering the country, living in the wild and at the fringes of society, Adam often felt more at home among animals than men. His two attempts to reenter “civilization” went badly: the first ended with him killing a corrupt Chicago cop in self defense. The second landed him in Dr. Swastika’s Body Farm. Figuring the third time might be the charm, Adam cleared his name with CHESS and now seeks to discover his purpose as the avian antihero, Talon!
Secret Identity: Adam Lawson
Weight: 180 lbs.
Origin Type: Mutant
Personality Archetype: Noble savage, loner
Experience Points: 10,000
Super Powers and Super Skills:
1) Animal/Plant Powers: Avian (-2 to Strength, -2 to Endurance, +3 to Agility)
a) Wings: Talon has large, black, feathered wings that are silent. Permanent +3 to Agility.
The wings are concealable with a special harness, permitting Talon a secret identity. However, the discomfort of the harness prevents rest, and therefore healing, while worn.
Cost for winged flight is 1 Power Point per hour. Maximum speed is 172 MPH.
b) Natural Weaponry: Retractable claws on Talon’s hands give +3 to hit, and +6 to damage
c) Heightened Strength: +12 (includes Level Four Advancement)
d) Heightened Endurance: +7
e) Heightened Senses: Talon has vision and hearing 3 times the human norm. Detect rolls X 3.
f) Heightened Agility: +3 (Level Two Advancement)
g) Heightened Intelligence: +5 (Level Two and Four Advancements)
h) Stealth Ability: To detect Talon at night, one must make two detect hidden rolls (Level Three Advancement)
2) Willpower: Talon’s savage nature permits him to handle extreme levels of pain, withstand torture, hold his breath for extended periods of time, and otherwise push himself. When in use, or when in combat, it can give the Willpower defense on the combat chart. Cost is one Power Point per turn or use.
3) Patron: Vehicles, base, mundane gear and weapons are all available through an employer.
1) Partial Amnesia: Talon had been a captive of Dr. Swastika’s Body Farm for six months and does not recall what transpired during all of that time.
2) Low Self Control: In the heat of battle or when confined against his will, Talon must make an Intelligence saving throw (on d20) or fly into a murderous rage. When in a rage, he does not hold back (fights to kill) or roll with punches. To recover from his rage, Talon must make another Intelligence save at the end of each turn. Alternatively, Talon will recover from his rage when there is no one left to kill. He also gets an Intelligence save if he is confronted by someone he considers a friend (recommended only for the very brave or foolhardy).
3) Patron: Character may be required to perform tasks and duties at employer’s request.
Hit Points: 58
Power Points: 88
Carrying Capacity: 1744 lbs.
Hand-to-Hand Damage: 1d10
Accuracy: +5 to hit in any attack (+8 with claws)
Damage Modifier: +4 to all damage (+10 with claws)
Detect Hidden: 48%
Detect Danger: 60%
Reaction Modifiers: +1 from Good, -1 from Evil
Movement: Ground: 71” per combat turn. (One inch equals 5 feet) Air: 958” per combat turn (218 MPH)
Healing Rate: 2 hit points per day.
Luck Points: 4.9
Occupation: none / drifter
Skills: Criminal subculture, Stealth, Wilderness Survival, Animal Lore, Craftlore, English, Occult Studies, Tactics