Hard working, construction engineer Scott Brock was a guy who always needed to loosen up. Then a bizarre chemical accident transformed him into a human rubber band and ever since he’s been having the time of his life… as the super-pliable superhero, Slingshot!
Secret Identity: Scott Brock
Weight: 240 lbs.
Origin Type: Accidental Scientific
Personality Archetype: Happy-go-lucky guy who loves being a superhero
Experience Points: 29,000
Super Powers and Super Skills:
1) Chemical Powers: Rubber. Permanent. No ranged attack or Chemical Powers defense. Bestows:
a) Stretching Powers: Maximum stretch: 186” (930 feet!) May form a 465-foot square, or a 233-foot cube! Minimum Stretch: 1/8” thickCosts movement to stretch. Defense costs 1 PR per use. Adds to movement rate, and ‘slingshotting’ allows him to jump without a running start.
b) Invulnerability: 8 points of damage may be ignored per turn. Works against kinetic, energy and elemental attacks (not mental blasts or inhaled poison gas, for example.)
c) Natural Weaponry: +2 to hit with fists, from stretching. No damage increase.
d) Special: Tentacle Attack: Slingshot may use his stretching power to form nets or tentacles that can attack areas. Slingshot rolls to hit each target in an area like a multiple attack, except misses do not cancel the entire attack. Anyone hit divides the damage of Slingshots HTH damage. If Slingshot attacks to ensnare or immobilize, there is no damage and struck targets that don’t save vs. Agility on % must use action to roll vs. Strength on 2d20 to escape. Area of effect = square root of maximum stretch or 30 square feet ( 6 one inch hexes arrayed however Slingshot likes.) PR as per multiple attacks. (Level Five Advancement)
2) Heightened Strength: +15 to Strength.
3) Heightened Strength: +15 to Strength.
4) Heightened Expertise: +2 to HTH attacks: all personal HTH attacks, and all brawling weapons whether held, thrown or "slingshotted." (Level Two Advancement)
5) Regeneration: Slingshot can heal per turn. Up to one action may be spent per turn to regenerate, enabling Slingshot to regain his full Healing Rate in that phase. Slingshot cannot regenerate damage from fire or heat. When unconscious, he may regenerate, but does so in place of his normal chance to wake up that turn. When incapacitated, he regenerates automatically between-turns, becoming merely unconscious once all of his Hit Points are regained. See Weakness: Special Requirement.(Level Three Advancement)
6) Heightened Agility: +3 (Level Five Advancement)
7) Patron: Vehicles, base, mundane gear and weapons are all available through an employer.
1) Unusual Appearance: Skin is black and rubbery. Can’t pass for human easily. No secret ID.
2) Minor Vulnerability: Takes double damage from fire and heat based attacks.
3) Special Requirement: Slingshot may only regenerate if he can absorb plastic/petroleum/rubber as a raw material. (Level Three Advancement)
4) Patron: Character may be required to perform tasks and duties at employer’s request.
Hit Points: 79
Power Points: 92
Carrying Capacity: 9757 lbs.
Hand-to-Hand Damage: 2d10
Accuracy: +2 (+4 with brawling weapons) (+6 with fists)
Damage Modifier: +2
Detect Hidden: 19%
Detect Danger: 23%
Reaction Modifiers: +3 from Good, -3 from Evil
Movement: Ground: 76” per turn. With stretching: 539” per turn (123 mph!) Slingshot jump: Horizontally: 37,410” (35 miles!). Vertically: 9353” (8.8 miles!).
Healing Rate: 2 hit points per day, or turn.
Occupation: Construction Engineer
Skills: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Math, Management, English, Computers, Robotics (Level Four Advancement), Occult Studies, Vanguard non-verbal signal code, Tactics, Multiverse Theory
Luck Points: 3.2 as of Issue 165
Notes: Doc Rocket theorizes that Scott’s transformation is more dramatic than originally expected. He is likely closer in biology to a one-celled organism who is clinging to the memory of humanity! Scott’s moldable body is subconsciously replicating human anatomy and functions as best as it’s able, because Scott still thinks he is human. But his facsimile organs do not work!
Scott’s other Level Four Advancement was a Weight Gain (trading one point of Strength for 40 lbs. gained, as part of his continuing “transformation” since learning of his biological condition.
Part of Scott's Level Six Advancement was used on the skill, Multiverse Theory
Scott has reserved his Level Seven Advancement for future use (Issue 165)