John Poulos’ family was long favored by the “ancient Greek gods” with good fortune! Motivated by Fate beyond his ken, John created a costume and mask and chose a Greek name that means “the right or opportune moment,” Kairos! John set out to discover his true destiny and found it as a manifestation of ancient mythology here on Earth! He is now and forever… Avatar!
Secret Identity: John Poulos (originally Janos Papapoulos)
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 200 lbs.
Origin Type: Accidental Supernatural
Personality Archetype: Cosmic Champion
Experience Points: 27,500
Super Powers and Super Skills:
1) Magic Power: In Step with the Universe: Throughout every aspect of his life it’s as if some force has arranged things to be just a little better for him than for others. It isn’t just a matter of luck but a matter of choosing the right time for things. This bestows:
· Heightened Physique: add +3 to 4 stats
· Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit with any attack
· Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit, even when unaware
· Luck Power: doubles Kairos’ Luck Points!
2) Magic Power: Nobility of Spirit: This manifests as an ultra-nobility of character. John is morally and ethically strong. This bestows:
· Heightened Charisma: +8
· +4 to save against mental domination that requires him to act evil
· All his allies gain +4 in Morale Checks and Cool Rolls when in his presence
3) Heightened Physique: +6 to Strength, +3 to Endurance, +1 to Agility (Level Two and Five Advancements)
4) Magic Power: Divine Manifestation: (Level Three Advancement)
Kairos may manifest an ability of the Twelve Olympians, as a true Avatar of Olympus. That ability is a temporary superpower (costs 10 power points and one action to manifest)
or a knowledge area skill (costs 3 power points and movement to manifest). Duration is Charisma minutes. More than one ability may be manifested at a time (Level Four Advancement).
-Ares: Heightened Strength or Heightened Expertise with held weapons or Intimidation skill
-Zeus: Weather Control or Oration skill
-Hephaestus: Immunity from Fire/ Heat or Weaponsmith skill
-Aphrodite: Heightened Charisma or Seduction skill
-Poseidon: Summon Pegasus for Current Power minutes, Water Breathing or Swimming skill
-Artemis: Heightened Expertise with ranged weapons or Hunting skill
-Athena: Heightened Intelligence or Cosmic Awareness or Tactics skill
-Hermes: Heightened Speed or Languages Skill
-Apollo: Light Control or Equestrian skill
-Hera: Heightened Endurance or Diplomacy skill
-Demeter: Speak with Plants or Plant Lore skill
-Hestia: Magic Shield (imparts Heightened Defense) or Healing skill
5) Training: Through practice, John manifests the Olympians with greater ease and confidence. This reduces Power Point cost from 25 to 10 for powers, and from 15 to 3 for skills (Level Advancements Five, Six and Seven)
6) Patron: Vehicles, base, mundane gear and weapons are all available through an employer.
1) Low Self-Control: Fated: Although he doesn’t know it, Kairos is a child of prophecy and his destiny is already woven into the tapestry of existence by the Fates! At any time, the GM may take control of Kairos and use the character to further his campaign goals in any manner necessary!
2) Amnesia: John had been made to drink from the river Styx, causing him to forget his true self, his history, his masters, his enemies, his duties and his destiny. (Level Three Advancement)
3) Patron: Character may be required to perform tasks and duties at employer’s request.
Hit Points: 58
Power Points: 85
Carrying Capacity: 1136 lbs.
Hand-to-Hand Damage: d10
Accuracy: +4 (+8 with Heightened Expertise)
Damage Modifier: +4
Detect Hidden: 23%
Detect Danger: 27%
Reaction Modifiers: +4 from Good, -4 from Evil
Movement: Ground: 64” per turn.
Healing Rate: 2.4 hit points per day
Occupation: Bookseller, trader in antiquities (retired)
Skills: Archaeology, History, Research, Writer, Academic Subculture, Stealth, English, Occult Studies
Luck Points: 9.3 as of Issue 183
Sword of Ares: +3 to hit, HTH+1d8 damage
Bow of Artemis: +4 to hit, HTH + 1d3 damage. 16 arrows fit in a quiver
Cable: 100 feet of super thin cable entwined inside his belt. Belt buckle acts as grappling hook.
John is no longer dating Shelley Harper, Symbiote's sister.