Trucker Jake Dare never wanted to be a hero. Then, during a trucking accident that spilled toxic waste into a swamp, Jake was bitten by radioactive snakes and transformed into a human serpent! Rejecting his powers, he drank his way into a job wrestling crocodiles in a carnival. But when criminals commandeered the circus, Jake used his powers to fight back and was surprised to find that beneath his gruff exterior dwelt an altruist. Now Jake Dare helps his “fellow man” as Viper, the human snake!
Secret Identity: Jake Dare
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 180 lbs.Costume:
Origin Type: Accidental Scientific
Personality Archetype: Wisecracking, Devil’s Advocate
Experience Points: 3000
Super Powers and Super Skills:
1) Heightened Strength: +15 to Strength.
2) Special: Heightened Reflexes: +10 to Agility, +10 to Initiative for First Strike Attack only.
3) Special: Hypnotic Gaze: May distract a target, causing them to lose an action in combat. Victim must make two saves, vs. CHA and INT, each on d20, or else be momentarily distracted. Trance may be broken by others. Range: 11 feet. Costs one action and 2 power points.Viper may also hypnotize friendly targets, in semi-controlled environments.
4) Special: Heightened Combat Ability: +2 to hit with unarmed attacks, +2 to damage from unarmed attacks, -2 to be hit on all attacks, when aware and mobile.
1) Minor Vulnerability: Takes double damage from cold-based attacks.
Hit Points: 49
Power Points: 85
Carrying Capacity: 2339 lbs.
Hand-to-Hand Damage: 1d12
Accuracy: +5 (+7 with unarmed combat)
Damage Modifier: +3 (+5 with unarmed combat)
Detect Hidden: 12%
Detect Danger: 16%
Movement: ground: 73” per combat turn. (One inch equals 5 feet)
Healing Rate: 1.6 hit points per day.
Occupation: Circus Performer
Skills: Contortionist, Stealth, Swimming, Mechanic, and Driving (Big Rigs)
Contacts: Molloy at CHESS
Luck points: 1.1
Note: Viper is saving up his Level Two Advancement for later.